For 24 hours I will be blind and alone in my apartment. I eventually want to try being blind for a week, but I’ll need seven days with no other obligations, and I won’t have that for a while. For now, I’ll suffice with a smaller-scale experiments with a few extra provisions for added difficulty.
- I must leave my blindfold on for 24 hours.
- If I remove the blindfold, I have failed the experiment
- If the blindfold falls off or I can get partial sight, I have failed the experiment.
- I am only allowed to readjust my blindfold if I can see light.
- I must not be in contact with any other people for 24 hours.
- I cannot answer my phone or any other messaging system.
- I cannot receive in-person visitors.
- If someone knocks at the door, I cannot answer verbally or physically.
- I will set an alarm for 24 hours. I cannot set any other alarms or use any other means to ascertain the time.
- It is up to me to keep my phone charged so the alarm goes off.
- I cannot leave my apartment.