I spent one week in Panama this summer. As with Spain and Peru, I took notes while I was there and will try to summarize the most interesting experiences and things I learned in this post. Unfortunately, I think I’m a bit less detailed on Panama than the other two because most of what I did was hike through jungles, which is amazing and highly recommended, but I don’t have much to say about it.
Continue reading “Notes on Panama” →
From 3/16/2020 to 4/15/2020, I embarked on the carnivore diet. I didn’t have any specific motive or goal beyond curiosity to find out how the highly restrictive diet made me feel and to see whether I could do it. I will summarize my findings here.
1. I can only eat animal products, excluding dairy
- Rationale – Animal product, similar nutritional composition to meat, crucial for boosting fat intake
- Rationale – Little-to-no nutritional or caloric content, will greatly boost palatability and taste
2. I can only drink water
- Water derivatives are allowed (ie. club soda)
- Rationale – Little-to-no nutritional or caloric content, worried about how ending caffeine consumption will interfere with dietary impact, I really like coffee
3. I eat until I’m full
4. I eat whenever I want
5. I record everything I eat
6. I measure my weight every night between 10-11PM
Continue reading “30 Day Carnivore Challenge” →